Leading IT research focuses on telecom audits
Gartner Highlights Fortune Consulting in Telecom Audit Research Paper
Gartner is one of the world’s leading information technology research and advisory companies, delivering technology-related insights to corporate leaders and governmental agencies. One of its key roles: conducting independent research on crucial IT-related topics, providing practical, useful and objective insights.
A few years ago, they released the following report: Historical Telecom Audit is Still a Valuable Function. The conclusion? That telecom audits provide an excellent means for immediately adding funds back into the budget – and who wouldn’t want that?
Here are a few more highlights:
• Companies that do NOT regularly audit their telecommunications invoices typically forfeit 10% or more of their network services spending
• Telecommunications audits recover overpayments, identify stranded assets and increase budget efficiency
• It is increasingly more difficult for companies to audit their own telecommunications invoices and reconcile network inventories, in part because of lack of company resources; in part because of the degree of staff understanding of telecommunications services, terms and conditions; and in part because of confusing billing formats
• Billing errors have become more frequent as carrier billing systems have consolidated and as the complexity of services has increased
• Numbers of line items in telecom invoices have increased, causing the audit process to become more complex, requiring extra diligence
Best Practices for a Quality Telecommunications Audit
Gartner lists the following for companies:
• Outline a specific statement of work and insist that all invoices be audited.
• Always prepare a formal RFP.
• Select independent consultants who are not reselling networking services.
• Audit to the USOC level to provide a detailed depiction of all elements.
• Do not allow ongoing fees to exceed 12 months or beyond the term of the NSP contract.
• Assess the accuracy of the enterprise’s current network assets and inventories.
• Prior to signing a contract, negotiate what level of on-site inspection will be included and the cost for additional sites.
Fortune Consulting: Your Independent Quality Telecom Consultants
As noted in Gartner’s best practices, it’s important to have an independent telecom consultant do your audit – and, not only is Fortune Consulting independent, we are also highlighted in Gartner’s report as a company often mentioned in their discussions of quality audits.
Find more details about our telecom audit services and then contact us online or by phone (888-692- 5111) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us start saving you money now!